1. Important notice
The policy describes:
- Who I am;
- How I obtain and use the personal data for visitors to this website, and my business customers;
- Who has access to your personal data and what your rights are.
My policy is to keep the personal information I receive from this website completely confidential and used solely for internal purposes. I will not share your personal information with any other parties. Please review this policy carefully.
This policy is effective from 30th December 2019.
2. About Me
This website is run by myself, Kelly Hainsworth, the founder of Love Reflexology. I run a reflexology clinic, provide business support services to practitioners, and host the Love Reflexology community and directory.
Love Reflexology is a registered trademark and is part of Kelly Hainsworth.
I can be contacted on 07910 120 929 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions with this policy. I am the controller of the personal data you provide.
3. What Personal Data I Collect
- Love Reflexology Directory members and those who make enquires about the directory;
- Users of the website who sign-up to the email newsletter;
- Data collected when an order is placed via the shop page.
I collect the following data from you:
- I collect information from you when you place an order via the shop page. I may collect your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number.
- I use a third-party service, Google Analytics on my website. From this I may collect certain information about your visit, such as the type of browser you use, the date and time you accessed the website, the pages that you access whilst visiting the website and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this website. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, to help improve and administer the website and it will not be shared with any other party. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. I do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website.
For Love Reflexology Directory members, all requests to join the Love Reflexology Directory will be required to complete an application form. The application will require the following information to be supplied including, but not exclusive to:
- Basic contact details: I will collect your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, so that I can contact you about your business listing on the directory.
- Business details: To join the directory, I will require you to provide the name of the business you represent, and details of the goods and/or services your business offers so that I can publish your business listing on the directory. I will also require your social media account handles, so I can tag you into relevant posts within the Love Reflexology Facebook group, and Instagram and accounts. I will collect details of your business website, any professional association course accreditation(s) you may have acquired, and your level of training if you are delivering courses, workshops, and events. You may also choose to provide other information about you and your business. I do not require you to do this. If you do, I will process this other information for the purposes of publishing your business listing on the directory. All information about you and your business will be stored securely.
- Enquiries: If you email email@example.com with an enquiry about joining the Love Reflexology Directory and choose not to go ahead, your details will be deleted securely.
For Email Newsletter Subscribers: I use a third-party website called MailerLite to manage my email newsletter. If you subscribe to the newsletter by entering your email in the box provided, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the footer of any of the newsletters you receive or by contacting Kelly Hainsworth. Kelly Hainsworth respects your email address, and it will not be shared with any other party.
For Customers of the Love Reflexology Shop
- I collect information from you when you place an order via the shop page. I may collect your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number. Orders for Love Reflexology music downloads are made via third party website WooCommerce and payment is processed by PayPal. I would advise you to read WooCommerce and PayPal’s own Privacy Policies before using their websites.
4. Use of Personal Information
The personal information collected on this website, will be used to provide the services you have requested. This will include:
- To quickly process transactions of items purchased via the shop page and deliver them to the contact details provided;
- To publish comments on blog posts, submitted by the user as requested. If at any time you would like to remove a comment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating the comment you would like to remove and this will be done for you within 14 days of your request;
- To improve and administer the website;
- To publish your business listing on the Love Reflexology Directory and provide you with the services you have requested;
- I use your personal data to accept you as a new or returning Love Reflexology Directory member, publish your business listing on my directory, and provide you with the services you have requested in accordance with their terms;
- To contact you about a contract renewal for paid-for services including Love Reflexology Directory listings. I will use the telephone number or email address you have provided to me, so I can contact you to discuss the renewal of the contract between us for any paid-for services I provide. I will do this in the lead-up to the expiry of your contract and, if I don’t hear back from you to confirm whether you would like to renew your contract with me, your listing will be removed after the renewal date has passed;
- To send you the email newsletter as requested.
5. Security of Information
I am committed to ensuring your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks.
I am registered as a Data Protection Officer with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and adhere to their guidelines on data protection.
6. Third Party Services
I use the following third-party services:
I use a third-party service, WordPress to publish my website. I use a standard WordPress service to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the website. For example, the number of users viewing pages on the website, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the website and help us improve it. WordPress requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address.
I use WooCommerece to take orders made on the Love Reflexology shop.
- Registered members need a cookie to be able to log in. This is ‘strictly necessary’ as WordPress won’t work without it. I do not use these types of cookies for visitors of my website.
- Visitors who leave a comment on a blog post will have a cookie set on their computer. This is not “strictly necessary” as it’s a visitor’s preference.If you choose to leave a comment on one of my blog posts, this requires a cookie to be placed on your device.
I also use third-party cookies.
These are installed by third parties (including Google Analytics) with the aim of collecting information to carry out research into the behaviour and demographics of visitors to my website. I do not gather personal information which could be used to identify visitors or their personal data.
The Love Reflexology website does contain links to other websites of interests, including, but exclusive to:
- Love Reflexology Directory members;
- Life Armour Affiliate link – these will be clearly identified when they appear.
These linked websites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites and would always recommend you read the linked websites’ privacy policies. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my website, and welcome feedback about these linked websites (including if a specific link does not work).
If you click on the affiliate link for Life Armour and buy products as a result, I Kelly Hainsworth, founder of Love Reflexology will be rewarded with a small commission of the sale. Please note, no extra costs would be added to the products for this to happen.
If you place an order on the Life Armour link, I do not receive details regarding the customer including names or addresses. If an order is placed, I only receive details of the order value.
I only display affiliate links for companies that I personally trust and believe the Love Reflexology community will enjoy.
7. Controlling Your Personal Information – Your Rights
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have submitted a comment to be published on a blog post and you would like to remove it, please email email@example.com stating the comment you would like to remove and the blog post title. This comment will then be removed for you within 14 days of your request.
- If you have submitted a testimonial to be published on this website and would like to remove it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details and this will be removed from the website within 14 days of your request.
- If you email email@example.com to enquire about joining the Love Reflexology Directory, and we do not work together, your details will be securely destroyed.
- I will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your express permission or required by law to do so.
- If you believe that any information I hold about you or your company is incorrect or incomplete, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
8. Policy Changes
This policy was created on 30th December 2019
This policy is the fourth version and was updated on 25th March 2023.
10th June 2020: Information added about the Life Armour affiliate link in point 6 of the policy.
20th January 2021: Information removed about Twitter under point 3, bullet point Business Details. Twitter handle details are no longer required, as Twitter will no longer be used to promote Love Reflexology Directory Members.
25th March 2023: Details added under Third-Party Services for WooCommerce and PayPal.
9. Questions and Feedback
I welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send these to email@example.com.